Website Terms and Conditions
In these terms and conditions, “we” “us” and “our” refers to Edmund Barton College Pty Ltd. Your access to and use of all information on this website including purchase of our service/s is provided subject to the following terms and conditions. The information is intended for residents of Australia only.
We reserve the right to amend this Notice at any time and your use of the website following any amendments will represent your agreement to be bound by these terms and conditions as amended. We therefore recommend that each time you access our website you read these terms and conditions.
- The website under www.edmundbartoncollege.edu.au (Website) and the services available on and through the Website (Services) are being offered to you by Edmund Barton College Pty Ltd.
- You agree to ensure that your registration details are true and accurate at all times and you undertake to update your registration details from time to time when they change.
- On registration, we provide you with a password. On registration you agree to pay for our services as set out on our website.
- We reserve the right to terminate your registration at any time if you breach these terms and conditions.
- Our services are intended to be used by registered users within Australia only.
Our Website Services
- Our services are provided to adults over the age of eighteen (18) years. By proceeding to purchase through our website, you acknowledge that you are over 18 years of age or over 15 years of age and possess parental or guardian consent to participate on the Website, and that you have authority to enter into this agreement with us on the Terms. If you are under the age of 15, please do not access or use the Website.
- All prices are in Australian Dollars (AUD) and are inclusive of GST. We endeavour to ensure that our price list is current. Our price list can be accessed from our home page and we reserve the right to amend our prices at any time. If you have placed an order, we undertake to fulfil your order at the price listed at the time you ordered.
- You must not use the Websites or any material we provide to you for commercial purposes, financial gain or other gain.
- You must obey any lawful instruction that we give you in the course of you using the Website.
- You must not collect the content of other users of the Website, or access the Website using automated means.
- You must not impersonate any person (including a staff member of us) or hold yourself out as having authority to act on behalf of us.
- You must not modify, copy, reproduce, republish, or display any content from the Website and represent it as your own (including by framing pages from the Website), upload to a third party, post, transmit or distribute this content in any way except as permitted by law or expressly provided for on the Website or expressly authorised in writing by us and, where relevant, any third party owner or rights holder.
- You agree that you will not upload or post any of the following content (Prohibited Content) anywhere on the Website such as material which contains a virus or other harmful (or potentially harmful) code, content that defames, harasses, bullies or threatens others (this includes language which is lewd, aggressive, insulting, racist, sexually explicit, threatens bodily harm / death, general serious threat, planting statements to provoke third party stalking harassment), content that discusses illegal activities, with the intent to commit (or encourage others to commit) such illegal activities, content that contains obscene or offensive language or images (such as pornography or nudity), content that is unlawful, content that is otherwise harmful (or potentially harmful) to us or other users of the Website.
- When you visit our website, we give you a limited licence to access and use our information for personal use.
- Maintaining the security of your Personal Account is important to us. You agree that you will maintain the confidentiality of your Personal Account (including password), and you will not allow or authorise any other person to use your Personal Account.
- You must not access or attempt to access the Personal Account of any other user of the Website.
- You are permitted to download a copy of the information on this website to your computer for your personal use only provided that you do not delete or change any copyright symbol, trade mark or other proprietary notice. Your use of our content in any other way infringes our intellectual property rights.
- Except as permitted under the Copyright Act 1968 (Cth), you are not permitted to copy, reproduce, republish, distribute or display any of the information on this website without our prior written permission.
- The licence to access and use the information on our website does not include the right to use any data mining robots or other extraction tools. The licence also does not permit you to metatag or mirror our website without our prior written permission. We reserve the right to serve you with notice if we become aware of your metatag or mirroring of our website.
- This website may from time to time contain hyperlinks to other websites. Such links are provided for convenience only and we take no responsibility for the content and maintenance of or privacy compliance by any linked website. Any hyperlink on our website to another website does not imply our endorsement, support, or sponsorship of the operator of that website nor of the information and/or products which they provide.
- You may link our website without our consent. Any such linking will be entirely your responsibility and at your expense. By linking, you must not alter any of our website's contents including any intellectual property notices and you must not frame or reformat any of our pages, files, images, text or other materials.
Intellectual Property Rights
- The copyright to all content on this website including applets, graphics, images, layouts and text belongs to us or we have a licence to use those materials.
- All trade marks, brands and logos generally identified either with the symbols TM or ® which are used on this website are either owned by us or we have a licence to use them. Your access to our website does not license you to use those marks in any commercial way without our prior written permission.
- Any comment, feedback, idea or suggestion (called “Comments”) which you provide to us through this website becomes our property. If in future we use your Comments in promoting our website or in any other way, we will not be liable for any similarities which may appear from such use. Furthermore, you agree that we are entitled to use your Comments for any commercial or non-commercial purpose without compensation to you or to any other person who has transmitted your Comments.
- If you provide us with Comments, you acknowledge that you are responsible for the content of such material including its legality, originality and copyright.
- Whilst we take all due care in providing our services, we do not provide any warranty either express or implied including without limitation warranties of merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose.
- To the extent permitted by law, any condition or warranty which would otherwise be implied into these terms and conditions is excluded.
- We also take all due care in ensuring that our website is free of any virus, worm, Trojan horse and/or malware, however we are not responsible for any damage to your computer system which arises in connection with your use of our website or any linked website.
Edmund Barton College Trial Units
- You acknowledge that, by offering Trial or Sample Units, we have not and do not make any representation or warranty that completion of a Trial or Sample Unit(s) through our website will qualify you for any award or qualification
Statutory Guarantees and Warranties to Consumers
- Schedule 2 of the Competition and Consumer Act 2010 (“C&C Act”) defines a consumer. Under the C&C Act we are a supplier of either goods or services or both to you, and as a consumer the C&C Act gives you statutory guarantees. Attached to the Standard Terms and Conditions are:-
- Schedule 2 of the C&C Act; and
- those statutory guarantees, all of which are given by us to you if you are a consumer.
- If you are a consumer within the meaning of Schedule 2 of the C&C Act of our goods or services then we give you a warranty that at the time of supply of those goods or services to you, if they are defective then:-
- We will repair or replace the goods or any part of them that is defective; or
- Provide again or rectify any services or part of them that are defective; or
- Wholly or partly recompense you if they are defective.
- As a consumer under the C&C Act you may be entitled to receive from us notices under Schedule 2 section 103 of the C&C Act. In that regard:-
- If you are a consumer within the meaning of Schedule 2 of the C&C Act and the goods or services we are providing relate to the repair of consumer goods then we will give you any notice which we are obliged to give you under Schedule 2 section 103 of the C&C Act.
- If we are a repairer of goods capable of retaining user-generated data then we hereby give you notice that the repair of those goods may result in the loss of the data.
- If we are a repairer and our practice is to supply refurbished goods as an alternative to repairing your defective goods or to use refurbished parts in the repair, then we give you notice that the goods presented by you to us for repair may be replaced by refurbished goods of the same type rather than being repaired. We also give you notice that we may use in the repair of your goods, refurbished parts.
Limitation of Liability
- If you are not a consumer within the meaning of Schedule 2 of the C&C Act then this clause applies to you. If you are a consumer within the meaning of the C&C Act then this clause has no effect whatsoever to in any way limit our liability or your rights. If you are not a consumer:-
- To the full extent permitted by law, our liability for breach of an implied warranty or condition is limited to the supply of the services again or payment of the costs of having those services supplied again.
- We accept no liability for any loss whatsoever including consequential loss suffered by you arising from services we have supplied.
- We do not accept liability for anything contained in the post of a user or in any form of communication which originates with a user and not with Us.
- We do not participate in any way in the transactions between our users.
- By accessing our website, you agree to indemnify and hold us harmless from all claims, actions, damages, costs and expenses including legal fees arising from or in connection with your use of our website.
- These terms and conditions are to be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of NSW and any claim made by either party against the other which in any way arises out of these terms and conditions will be heard in NSW and you agree to submit to the jurisdiction of those Courts.
- If any provision in these terms and conditions is invalid under any law the provision will be limited, narrowed, construed or altered as necessary to render it valid but only to the extent necessary to achieve such validity. If necessary, the invalid provision will be deleted from these terms and conditions and the remaining provisions will remain in full force and effect.
- We undertake to take all due care with any information which you may provide to us when accessing our website. However, we do not warrant and cannot ensure the security of any information which you may provide to us. Information you transmit to us is entirely at your own risk although we undertake to take reasonable steps to preserve such information in a secure manner.
These Terms and Conditions have been specifically drafted for, and provided to Edmund Barton College Pty Ltd by LawLive Pty Ltd (www.lawlive.com.au).