Is Business Admin Right For Me?
Business Administration is a core skillset for anyone wanting to improve their understanding of how to run a business.
You may want to study business administration for many reasons, such as;
- Learn business fundamentals before starting your own business venture.
- Leaving school and wanting to join the workforce at a higher level.
- Wanting a solid pathway to diploma courses and/or university.
- Improve your prospects inside your current job.
- You want to get an admin job in an office such as an office manager.
What Could I Learn?
Subjects you can learn as part of Business Administration courses include the following (note that this list contains subjects from Certificate III and Certificate IV)
How Can it Help Me?
Here is a list of possible roles that Business Administration could enable. Note that both Certificate III and Certificate IV roles are listed here.
- Admin Manager
- Office Manager
- Property Manager
- Purchasing Officer
- Executive Assistant
- Human Resources Assistant
- TV / Film Assistant
- Executive Assistant
- Personal Assistant
- Strata Managing Agent
- Project Assistant
- Office Administrator
- Administration Officer (Local Government)
- Business Administration Officer (Local Government)
- Office Supervisor (Local Government)
- Corporate Administrative Supervisor
- Senior Customer Contact Leader
- Board Secretary
- Accounts Supervisor
Cert III vs Cert IV
The differences between a Certificate III and Certificate IV
A Certificate III in Business Administration is a great qualification to start your studies and get experience for your first entry to the world of business. Whether you have just left school and are looking for a course that will kick off your career in business or looking for somewhere to start with a career change, this Certificate III course is a great starting place.
In this course, you will learn business-specific administration skills which will help you progress from an entry-level employment position and will be a great way to start building your career.
Maybe you have some basic business experience, or even if you don't, that's fine!
A Certificate IV in Business Administration is the perfect qualification for you if you are looking for a more advanced course to study out of school or if you already have 1-2 years of experience in business. This course will help give you deeper and broader knowledge and skills in business.
A Certificate IV in Business Administration is designed to prepare students to become skilled employees with a broad range of specialised knowledge and the course content will be factual, technical, and actionable as well as some theory.
A Certificate IV in Business Administration is an outstanding choice if you are planning to expand your business skills and will vastly increase your problem solving and decision-making skills.
- Medium depth
- Entry level
- Become a stronger candidate
- Preperation for assistant level
- Support Role
- Back office
- Work under supervision
- Increased breadth & depth
- Challenging entry level
- Become a serious contender
- Preperation to lead a team
- Self starter role
- Back office or customer facing
- Confidence for all admin tasks
- Readiness for the unexpected!
- Higher pay & promotion expectations
Nationally Recognised Training
All of our courses are Nationally Recognised Training programmes that can lead to vocational qualifications and credentials that are recognised across Australia.
Our courses are delivered 100% online using some of the most innovative and engaging learning materials available. All of our courses are full of engaging materials and interactive quizzes designed to make your learning fun along with assessments that consist of quizzes, short answer, and long answer questions.
ABOUT EDMUND BARTON COLLEGE
Edmund Barton College has been operating in Australia for over 17 years, since 2003. During that time we have graduated 1000's of business students all over the country.
Our online delivery software has taken many years of work and research to help deliver the learning materials that you are using today.
Don't just take our word for it
Listen to one of our previous students, Tarek, talk about the 3 main reasons why he thinks you should study at Edmund Barton College.
"1) Affordable courses that are all ASF (Australian Skills Framework) certified.
2) An amazing system that allows you to study in your own time. The harder you study- the faster you complete your course.
3) An excellent support system that gives you the help you need.
Tarek I. - A previous student in Diploma of Business